Tuesday, March 4, 2014

What a week.

It's been an exciting time at Laird Productions.  We just shipped off the master copy of our video we produced for homebuilder D.R. Horton.  In December we flew down to Las Vegas and shot 3 days of footage.  After editing and reediting the footage we finally finished it.  We even had it translated in 3 different languages!  Needless to say it was a great experience and will hopefully help us reach some exciting new clients.  

We also just recently came up with our new logo.  I have been asked many times what does Laird mean or come from?  Well, here you go. 

The word laird, known to have been used as far back as the 15th century and further, is a shortened form of 'laverd', which is an old Scottish word that shares a similar root to an Anglo-Saxon term meaning lord and the Middle English word 'lard' also meaning lord.


My father is Scottish so in an attempt to preserve a bit of my heritage I chose "Laird Productions" as the name of my company.  I hope you enjoy the logo.  We plan on getting some shirts and hats made in the near future.




No comments:

Post a Comment